2021 Board Elections – Recruiting Nominations – Deadline for submission is September 30
Date(s) - 30/09/2020
Categories No Categories
The ICF Edmonton Charter Chapter is recruiting for the following 2021 Board positions.
- President Elect – 1-year term, 3-year commitment
- Secretary – 2-year term
- Director of Public Relations – 2-year term
- Director of Membership – 2-year term
- Director of Events – 2-year term
- Member at Large – 2-year term, maximum of 2 positions
For detailed position information, download the responsibilities and required qualifications document.
Nomination Forms may be submitted from now until the deadline of midnight, September 30, 2020.
If you are interested in or curious about one of these roles, please connect with Sarah Thomas, current ICF Edmonton Chapter President, or one of our current Board members – we would love to have a conversation about what is involved in giving back to your ICF Chapter.
Those elected to the 2021 ICF Edmonton Board will also participate in the building of the organization’s 2021 -2023 strategic planning retreat – scheduled for November 21, 2020.
Further details on the election process and timelines are below.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!
See below to review
- Open Positions – click here for position responsibilities and qualifications
- Nomination and Election Timeline –
- Nomination and election process, as defined by the Chapter Bylaws.
Open Positions / The Candidates
In addition to the Bylaws required position the Board has deemed the following roles to be filled by election, based on the needs of the organization:
- Director of Membership
- Director of Public Relations
- Members at Large pending interest to a maximum of 2
Successful candidates for the open positions below will be joining the following Board members in office who have agreed to return for a term, as per ICF Edmonton Bylaws. Click here for board position responsibilities and qualifications.
|Position||In Office||Status||Length of Term|
|President||Debra Kasowski||Filled||1 year|
|President Elect||Recruiting||1 year|
|Past President||Sarah Thomas||Filled||1 year|
|Treasurer||Pauline Melnyk||Filled 1 year remaining||2 years|
|Director of Public Relations||Recruiting||2 years|
|Director of Programs & Events||Recruiting||2 years|
|Director of Membership||Recruiting||2 years|
|Member at Large||Recruiting||2 years|
|Member at Large||Recruiting||2 years|
2020/2021 Nomination and Election Timeline
September 4, 2020 Call for nominations opens – notice sent to members (Nomination form)
September 15, 2020 Reminder sent
September 30, 2020 Call for nominations closes
October 2, 2020 Slate of candidates published
October 2, 2020 Acclaimed positions declared
October 5, 2020 Online elections opens (e-ballots Survey Monkey/Google)
October 16, 2020 Online elections closes
October 23, 2020 Elected positions declared
November 21, 2020 Strategic planning retreat with incoming/outgoing Board
January 2021 2021 Board term begins.
Nomination & Election Process as defined by relevant Bylaws
– The Board of Directors shall be elected by a vote of qualified members.
– The number of directors required to be elected each year shall be determined by the Board of Directors, based upon the needs of the organization
– In September the Secretary shall email all qualified members a notice of the coming election, which includes the number of board seats open for election, inviting all qualified members to notify the Secretary of their interest in serving on the Board by September 30th. The Secretary shall submit the names of the candidates for each board seat to the Board of Directors no later than October 15th. Voting shall take place in November and newly elected directors shall be installed by December 31st.
– No later than November 1st, the Secretary shall mail ballots to all qualified members. The ballots shall describe the seats open for election and the candidates running for those seats. Members shall fill out their ballots within ten (10) days and mail them to the Secretary, who in the presence of three qualified members, shall count the ballots and inform all members of the results by email.
– The Secretary shall so note these proceedings and record them in the minutes of the following meeting of the Board of Directors.
Do you have more questions before nominating yourself or someone else?
Please connect with Sarah Thomas, current ICF Edmonton Chapter President, or one of our current Board members. We are happy to chat with you.