Taking Note – The Coaching Conversation
Date(s) - 11/12/2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Taking Note- The Coaching Conversation
Presenter: Kelly Johnson, PCC
Wednesday, December 11
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn South – Ellerslie Road
EVARIO Event Centre, 950 Parsons Road SW
6:00 p.m. doors open
6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Presentation
Translate theory to practice with practical takeaways you can use tomorrow in this hands-on learn-shop session. Explore the promises, pitfalls and everything in between when it comes to taking notes while coaching. Learn and dialogue about the benefits to clients and to your coaching practice through both experiences and research. All viewpoints on the topic will be welcomed at the session.
Participants will leave with additional perspective on how notes can fit within their coaching practice and development, and receive templates to get them started.
This session will include:
- Custom-designed tools, tips, and a few how to’s that have been tested with coaching client partners by a local, experienced Professional Certified Coach (PCC) so you can take back and add your own improvements
- Learn “What’s a Coaching Map” and how might it anchor both the coaching relationship and journey?
- What important connections exist between the ICF ethics and regulations when taking notes?
- How do you set up the initial contract with clients effectively when it comes to note-taking?
- How do notes contribute to the ongoing development of one’s coaching competence?
Objectives: By the end of this session, as participants you will be able to:
- Strengthen your coaching partnership through the use of note-taking tools and techniques
- Uphold ICF ethical and regulatory standards when note-taking
- Learn about, explore and practice with custom, effective note-taking tools
About Kelly Johnson
Kelly Johnson, MA (Leadership), is an experienced Certified Executive Coach with a PCC designation from the International Coach Federation who practices Leadership, Executive, Team and Presentation Coaching. She has applied her coaching expertise to partnering with executive, senior and system leaders in the public and private sectors, specifically in government, public, private and post-secondary education, non-profit, health, communication, publishing and business.
As a full-time leadership coach in government, Kelly was previously certified in facilitating such tools as the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) where her interest in note-taking in coaching partnerships began. Currently, working full time with international thought leader Franklin Covey Inc., Kelly provides facilitation of the 7Habits of Highly Effective People, one-on-one and team coaching and custom professional learning in leadership, coaching, organizational development and conversation at all levels.
As a professional educator, human resource professional and real estate investor, Kelly brings a sense of passion, energy, and innovation to her coaching. It’s no surprise that her personal vision is to live a most passionate life and change the world. Kelly’s coaching presence is described as laser-focused, energetic, feet-to-the-fire, inspiring and driven. She commits to connect clients to their passion, align them with their values and hold them capable of their commitments to action such that each realizes a self-determined professional and personal landscape in which they capably release their unique greatness and achieve compelling results.
This event qualifies for 1.25 CCEU credits in the area of core competencies and .25 credit in the area of Resource Competencies.
Cost: Members $40 |Nonmembers $65
Add $5 if registering at the door
Includes guest speaker, light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
NOTE THAT MEMBERS MUST LOG IN TO GET THE MEMBER RATE
If you have questions about registration, contact our Virtual Assistant, Evelyn, at: 403.422.1189 or by email to email@example.com