Join the ICF Board of Directors
Join Our Board of Directors!
As a coach, you probably have a way with words and the desire to share! What if you used those skills to help spread the word about coaching in Edmonton?
The ICF Edmonton Charter Chapter is currently recruiting for a Public Relations Director to drive our communications and media strategy!
As the Public Relations Director for the ICF Edmonton Charter Chapter, you will:
- Facilitate the positive image and brand of our chapter and spread the word about our chapter and coaching in general;
- Develop an overall communications strategy;
- Prepare press releases, board communications, letters to the Editor, blog posts, etc.;
- Prepare content for the website;
- Manage all social media accounts;
- Prepare articles for local media;
- Track interview requests and confirmations;
- Respond to media inquiries;
You will have the opportunity to collaborate on a Board of Directors with some dynamic, committed, and fun coaches!
Time Commitment (Reality Check)
- Volunteer Commitment for the remainder of 2014 and 2015
- Monthly Board Meeting – 2 hours (conference call or in-person)
- Monthly Chapter Meetings – January to June; September-November (2-3 hours per meeting; attend as many as you can)
- Time per week spent on Public Relations – varies depending on action items
What’s in it for you? (The Feel Good Part)
- Meet and develop working relationships with coaches practicing in the Edmonton area.
- If you are volunteering for this role, you probably really enjoy PR work so it’s a chance to do what you love while giving back to a great organization.
- Receive a Premium Profile on the ICF Edmonton website for no charge.
- Have fun!
If you are interested in the PR Director position, please contact Lori Lacey, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Wendy Rabel, Program Director (and interim PR Director) at email@example.com for more details.