January 12, 2016
Using Emotional Intelligence Assessments in Coaching
Participants will be eligible for 1.5 Core Competencies credits from the ICF.
As a coach you already know that many leaders face challenges when it comes to having the emotional intelligence to be more effective in their roles. The truth is that leaders often know what to do, but don’t do it – there is a knowing-doing gap.
One of the first steps in helping leaders understand their emotional intelligence, and to become more emotionally effective, is to get feedback on how they are doing. By comparing perceptions of their own EQ with those of the people they lead, they can begin to truly understand whether they are having the desired impact.
In this session, provided by Drew Bird, an EQ Master Trainer with years of experience working with some of Canada’s largest organizations, we will explore the construct of emotional intelligence, and the knowing-doing gap, before moving on to look at the EQ360 - one of the most advanced and popular emotional intelligence 360° feedback instruments available today. Finally, we will look at a simple process you can use with your clients to make development of their emotional intelligence a daily practice.
In this session you will learn:
- The critical role emotional intelligence plays in personal and leadership development.
- How developing emotional intelligence can increase personal and leadership effectiveness.
- How emotional intelligence self-assessments can form the foundation of a coaching relationship.
- How 360-degree feedback can be used to support the coaching relationship.
- Potential challenges of using emotional intelligence assessments in coaching relationships.
- A simple process for helping your clients develop their emotional intelligence.
Drew Bird, founder of ClearPoint Leadership Strategies, supports coaches, consultants, and HR professionals to integrate emotional intelligence and related assessments, tools, and techniques into their practice. Drew’s mission is to help others become an authority in the application of emotional intelligence in coaching and leadership development.
You won’t want to miss this session!
When: Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Where: Derrick Club
3500 119 St NW, Edmonton, AB
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Cost: Members $40 | Non Members $65
Add $5 if registering at the door
Includes appetizers and non-alcoholic refreshments.
Registration deadline: January 5, 2016
Space is limited for this event and registration will close when we reach capacity.
Sorry, registration is now closed.